The core of any organization is data. That’s why one of the foremost priority for many businesses right now is to develop and protect their data. For utmost security, migrating from MS Access to .NET might give you just what your business needs.
What is MS Access good for and when should I change it?
MS Access is known as a great starting database management system for desktop apps. if you only have a few users, or if you have fairly straightforward needs and have storage requirements that are less than 2GB. However, once your data requirements get more sophisticated, you need to start considering other options.
Factors that will help you decide whether it’s time for a change include the following:
- You are planning to expand your departments or to go beyond a small-to-medium business scale.
- Your usage is bound to go over the 2GB limit.
- You want to expand your options when it comes to choosing how to utilize data without compromising system speed when scaling data size.
- You need to publish more than just static files.
- You plan on going beyond the 10 to 80 user limit.
How do you replace MS Access?
We replace it using Upsizing Wizard by doing the following:
- Undergo migration planning, make backups, and create a migration environment.
- Upsize all database objects from an Access database to an Access project so that we can create a client/server application for you.
- Upsize only data or data definitions from an Access database to an SQL Server database.
- Create an Access database front-end to an SQL Server database back-end so we can create a front-end/back-end application for you.
- Lastly, we perform migration testing and data validation.